Plan Ahead! If a fire breaks out in your home, you may have only a few minutes to get out safely once the smoke alarm sounds. Everyone needs to know what to do and where to go if there is a fire.
1) Make a home escape plan with two different ways out of the house.
2) Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible.
3) Have an outside meeting place a safe distance from the home.
4) Practice your home fire drill at night and during the day with everyone in your home.
5) Close doors behind you as you leave.
IF THE FIRE ALARM SOUNDS
1) Get out and stay out.
2) If you have to escape through smoke, get low and go under the smoke.
3) Call the fire department from outside your home.